Guide to: White Collar Crime
A recent trend in media is to have criminals be of the “white collar” variety. I’d love to see more of these kinds of criminals in RPs and writing, so here’s a quick guide on the basics of white collar crime. All info comes from Google, not personal experience.
DISCLAIMER: This is an informanitive guide, not an intruction manual. Don’t get any bright ideas, putz.
Requested by writerisland.
Regardless of anyone's feelings about Draco, you made me laugh with 'dick cheese' and I'm very grateful. :) — shadesofgraczyk
How is Draco racist? — Anonymous
- there is a trope called “Fantastic Racism”
- basically, it’s racism in a fantasy context
- the most obvious example would be the prejudice against Muggleborns and Muggles in Harry Potter
- blood purism, which the Malfoy family believes in very strongly, is a very real thing, even in our world
- "Mudblood" is basically the Muggleborn equivalent of the n-word
- maybe Draco’s a victim of circumstance thanks to his father, and maybe there’s room for him to change
- but he’s quite racist
I completely understand your Hermione/Draco thing, but I feel like if it can make a point, if the person who is bullying is learning a lesson, then it can end up really beautiful (this is in general not just hermione/draco because i've never heard of that before now). — Anonymous
It’s all in how it’s written really. If Draco gets realistic character development (but doesn’t have a personality transplant), it can work. It just rarely does.
On terms of Hermione/Draco. What if it's an AU where Draco's changed after the War? Or a AU where Draco's changing through out the years and gets nicer and more mellow? — Anonymous
If it’s well-written, maybe it could work. But most Dramione fics I’ve read either have him still be a douche, or all of a sudden be like “oh I’m really really nice now” and I’m like no you have missed the point he is a racist dick cheese.
Once Upon a Time? — Anonymous
- M/F OTP: Hook/Emma
- M/M OTP: Hook/Graham
- F/F OTP: Red/Belle
- OT3: Hook/Emma/Regina
- Favorite Canon: Belle/Rumple
- Favorite Crack: Ruby/Emma
- Guilty Pleasure: Regina/Emma
- Pairing I Hate: Regina/Cora (don’t ask)